P&S Non-Temp Hourly Hour Types
- Addl Regular Over40 – Hours over 40 in a week that are not overtime because employee hasn’t worked over 40 hours, normally due to having holiday or leave usage. Paid at regular straight rate.
- Adoption Leave - A newly adoptive parent is entitled to five days paid leave chargeable to accrued sick leave
- Comp Time Earned - Future time off earned after totals hours worked in a week exceeds 40 hours. The compensatory time earned will be 1.5 times the hours of Comp Time Earned time entered on the timecard.
- Comp Time Used - Time not worked, but paid through usage of compensatory time previously earned.
- Family Caregiving Leave - Paid time off for the care of an ill or injured immediate family member. Employees may carry over up to forty (40) hours of unused family care leave to the next year, for a maximum utilization of eighty (80) hours in the next year. The year is based on the employee’s anniversary date. Immediate family is defined as and limited to spouse, domestic partner, children, including step and foster, (and their spouses), parents, including step and foster, grandparents, grandchildren, legal wards, siblings, including step and foster, (and their spouses), of the employee or spouse; aunts, uncles, nieces, nephews and first cousins of the employee or spouse; or other relatives residing in the employee’s immediate household. Family Caregiving Leave is a use of the employee’s sick leave accrual.
- Excused Duty - Time missed, but paid, for attendance at University related meetings, seminars, etc.
- Funeral Leave - Time missed, up to 24 hours, for a death in the employee’s immediate family. Funeral leave is a use of the employee’s sick leave accrual.
- Holiday - Paid time off for designated University holidays.
- Jury Duty - Excused duty while appearing as a subpoenaed witness or serving as a member of a jury in public or private litigation. Employee entitled to regular compensation provided that any pay other than reimbursement for travel or personal expense is surrendered to the University. The employee will remit this to the Cashiers in the Office of Business Operations.
- Medical Appointment - Paid time off for employee’s doctor, dentist, etc. appointment. This is a use of the employee’s sick leave accrual. Vacation is used for appointments for family members.
- Military Leave - Permanent and probationary employees will be granted military leave as provided by law, with pay not to exceed 30 calendar days in a calendar year. See Merit System Rule 3.144 (8A).
- Overtime - Used only after total hours worked in a week and not already receiving premium pay exceeds 40 hours. Pay for overtime will be at 1-1/2 times the regular rate.
- Pall Bearer - Up to 8 hours of accumulated sick leave per occurrence may be used to serve as a pallbearer or funeral attendant for someone outside of the immediate family. This is a use of the employee’s sick leave accrual.
- Regular - Time worked.
If you have any questions about P&S Non-Temp Hourly Hour Types, please contact Business Operations at 319-273-2162 or email firstname.lastname@example.org